Sunday, May 17, 2015

First retirement ministry

With ACE Mentee,
Touchdown Jesus in the background
When my first retirement missioning assignment sent me to sunny Arizona, I began to think of it as an adventure. To top that off I was invited to a conference at the University of Notre Dame, my Alma Mater and a FAVORITE spot, I began to describe my volunteer status as my “Adventure in Retirement.” Several days of learning the philosophy of the ACE Academies, meeting other new ACE Academy Staff members and the Notre Dame staff were great. Several days on the Notre Dame campus with no homework assignments or exams was a nice feature too! A tour of Notre Dame Stadium, Press Box and all, was the last activity before the closing Mass. The spot with the Library with its mural dubbed "Touchdown Jesus" in the background was a favorite place for pictures. 

2 comments:

  1. Sister Catherine, I have no doubt that you will help us all see adventure in our own ordinary lives! Peace and all good to you and all who share our Gospel life with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere! :)

    I'm glad you could enjoy time at your alma mater without having to study!

    ReplyDelete